Wednesday 21 August 2013

One Day Older


I'm sure I've said this before: Fall is my favorite season of all. I get to step outside my home without fear of being reduced to a sweaty, wilting mess. My favorite stores somehow save the best of their creative juices for their respective fall turnouts. Holiday season is around the corner and anticipation is the best part of living. More than anything else, though, the thing I love most about fall is the small sensory pleasures that I get to enjoy unexpectedly, and usually keep to myself.
 

long-3
Humble travels are one of those things  whose immense positive impact on one's well-being become apparent only in retrospect. Here are a few quick snapshots that detail my time in Chicago, a city that will forever hold a fond spot in my heart:view more
 
      newpics
A lot has happened in our little style A-Line Prom Dresses blogging community over the last couple of days. It has come as quite a blow to many that something so significant and horrifying could have gone on unreported for so long. Ever since this situation first started to unravel, I have been thinking about what, if anything, to say about it all. Torn between indignation, embarrassment and sympathy, I finally came to the conclusion that I would bare my soul and just say everything there is to be said, start to finish.

My hope is that this post will:
(a) allow me to finally purge my own thoughts and lighten my emotional load,
(b) answer many of the questions posed by readers and members of the blogosphere, and
(c) begin to set a foundation for rebuilding some of the trust that has understandably been lost from this formerly trusting community of women.
house-of-cards
Although summer is technically my favorite season, fall is undoubtedly the most anticipated by my closet. I'd even go so far as to say fall is what Anthropologie does best. Maintaining a degree of whimsy and femininity through the bulky layers of cold-weather apparel is quite a feat in and of itself. This fall, Anthro seems to be gearing up to make some changes to my usual dress-cardi-coat routine, which I really appreciate. Among others, there are two trends that the brand seems to be espousing this fall that really caught my eye. One is a tendency towards prim, vintage shapes, à la tie-neck secretary blouses. The other is a play on lengths, as evidenced by hemlines that are longer or shorter than the standard fare.

The thing I'm looking forward to most this fall, is something I generally avoid: sweaters. A welcome change from the dozens of cardigans I usually turn to in the colder months.view more
Once upon a time, I was an anemic little seven-year-old, and the doctor ordered a daily spoonful of iron tonic to help matters along. As the universe, in its infinite wisdom and its cruel sense of humor would have it, the tonic stained my teeth an unsightly, splotchy brown, which reduced me from a giggly little kid to a self-conscious, giggly little kid who spoke, smiled and laughed with her hand covering her mouth. A few years later, the splotches were gone, but the self-doubt remained. Cut to 2010: like many brides-to-be, I wanted to flash a dazzling smile for the camera, and dove head-first into an out-patient whitening regimen that left me underwhelmed, and with a much lighter wallet (seriously, I could have had hired a videographer for what I paid that dentist.)view more
    
pic

One Shoulder Beaded Slit Side Chiffon Prom Dress

Silhouette: A-line 
Neckline: One Shoulder 
Waist: Empire 
Hemline/Train: Floor-length 
Sleeve Length: Sleeveless 
Embellishments: Ruching, Slit Front 
Fabric: Chiffon 
Built-In Bra: Yes 
Fully Lined: Yes 
Shown Color: Royal Blue, Grape 
Body Shape: Apple, Hourglass, Inverted Triangle 
Occasion: Prom, Evening 
Season: Spring, Fall, Winter, Summer


 



No comments:

Post a Comment