Thursday 1 August 2013

What We're Wearing: Look Inside The Work Wardrobes Of The Grazia Fashion Team

For last week's issue of Grazia, I wrote a piece about my recent experience of miscarriage, the taboos that surround the subject, and the need to break them. I'll admit it: I'd been terrified about it coming out. Questions kept circling in my head like tornados. Was it too much to put myself out there? Would people think me egotistical to bang on about my loss? Worse still, would this piece make me look vulnerable? I knew the answers to all of these questions should obviously be no. But my fears reveal the taboos about miscarriage that still linger.Satin Prom Dresses
The responses I've had to my piece have been overwhelming, though. Some people have taken time to share their own stories, which has been great. Other people have thanked me for being brave. That reaction is sweet, but I don't really want to feel brave. I want all women to feel like they can talk about things that have happened to them, without feeling they're doing something bold, edgy or dangerous. If my piece had any driving purpose behind it, I suppose, it was this: I want it to be normal to talk about normal things.view more
The Chanel ambassadress is the star of the brand’s ‘Where Beauty Begins’ advertising campaign and the accompanying videos sees her trilling - in French no less - about the joys of being Karl's latest muse. Having long represented that Chanelegance, DK admits that the ‘elegance and subtlety of Chanel and the Chanel woman’ have always inspired her. And on the subject of beauty, the German actress believes that it ‘is something that you earn. It’s a question of curiosity, culture, a certain strength of character.’ The Resynchronizing Collection, which features the Le Jour de Chanel, La Nuit de Chanel and Le Weekend de Chanel creams, is described by Diane as ‘a new skincare approach’, ‘very scientific’ but ‘adapted to women today’.view more
Poppy Cara Delevingne At Glastonbury Festival
So let's start with Cara. The model's Glasto style run Prom Dresses with sleeves began with a kooky Instagram snap (obvs) that showed her wearing a monkey mask with googles [below]. Sliiightly creepy, no? She blinged up the look with a glittering multi-coloured cape thrown over a Security T-shirt. Ha! The only way we knew it was CD? That lion tattoo on her finger. A crafty disguise, we're sure you'll agree.
But Cara soon ditched the costume approach and was spotted stomping around in a purple-y jacket worn with her favourite pair of black Hudson Jeans and lace-up biker boots. The jacket comes courtesy of Irish designer Helen Steele and features a jelly tot and 'Uled' print perfect for adding a twist to the standard festie wardrobe. view more
Silhouette: Column 
Neckline: Spaghetti 
Waist: Empire 
Hemline/Train: Short 
Sleeve Length: Sleeveless 
Embellishments: Beading, Pleats 
Fabric: Chiffon 
Built-In Bra: Yes 
Fully Lined: Yes 
Shown Color: Yellow 
Body Shape: Hourglass, Inverted Triangle, Misses 
Occasion: Cocktail, Prom, Homecoming 
Season: Spring, Fall, Winter, Summer,view more

No comments:

Post a Comment